Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Making a Marble or Porcelain Soap Shelf.....

Customers here in Tampa & Orlando Florida are always asking me for a soap shelf to be installed in their new shower. Some go out a buy the basic ceramic corner shelf and want me to put that in. They are pretty big and usually the ceramic glaze colors doesn't match the nice porcelain or marble that is being installed in their shower.

So my advice to them is to let me make a corner soap shelf out of the marble or porcelain tile that I and using in the shower. I can also make them like this out of porcelain tile but it needs to be a through body porcelain tile for me to make that happen.

I cut the shelf the way I want it shaped, then use a profile bullnose blade to create the rounded edge. Polish the edge to the desired finish and install.

here is a quick picture tutorial on how I make
and install a marble corner soap shelf.


4 comments:

  1. awesome work!!

    do you make these shelves for customers ?
    if I send you a few pieces of marble can you fabricate, bullnose & polish it for me ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,

    yes please email me and we can talk about us making them for you.

    also what type of marble you are using.

    ceramictec@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. is this able to work with new porcelain 6.5 x 6.5 tile?

    ReplyDelete
  4. the tile has to be a "through body" color porcelain tile.

    and if you use a 6.5 x 6.5 the diagonal from point to point would be about 9". that will be a small shelf.

    ReplyDelete